Tuesday, June 26, 2012

06/26/12 - Clothes

What's modest? What's not modest? Does it matter? Does it cause someone to stumble? 


So many blogs, articles, and opinions about modesty! 


Oh I have them...opinions that is!


But the more I think about modesty I think of 2 things:


1) Modesty is an issue of the heart. A woman who is Christ-centered will have a heart that longs to exult Him. She won't use her clothes to get attention. 


2) My clothes need to point people to the gospel and make the gospel evident in my life. I don't want me clothes to tarnish the gospel and the work of Christ in my life at all.


We live in a culture that needs to see God's people acting, living, dressing in a way that is completely consistent with the fact that we are God's Royalty! We are sons and daughters of the King! 


When our heart is submitted to the King and when we are behaving in a way that honors the King we serve, the question of what is modesty or what is not modest will not be what we ask.


We will ask: Does this make more of Christ or more of myself? Does this point people to Him or to me? Does this display the gospel or does this display my idol of self? Is this attractive or does this attract unwanted attention? 


As the temps warm up don't do a too low, too short check (although that can be helpful) but do a heart check!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I ended up here, however I thought this publish was once good. I do not realize who you are however certainly you're going to a well-known blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!
Also see my page :: Visit Website