Friday, May 11, 2012

05/11/12 - Slammed Door

As I reflect back over the years of walking with Christ I've realized I've had a few slammed doors. 


The first one I can really remember was in 1997. I had applied for a job with Focus on the Family. It was a perfect fit for me and on paper I had everything they would have been looking for. But I didn't even get an interview! Slam!


My other option, at the time, was to move back home with my parents. It was from my time at home that I had the time and freedom to write Emotional Purity.


As the saying goes, "hindsight is 20/20"!


I've had other slammed doors along the way, but every time those slammed doors lead to an open door that is FAR better than had I walked or pushed my way through the slammed door.


I am thankful for slammed doors...they are normally a sign that God has something much better for me than I could have thought or imagined.


Maybe you've had a slammed door recently: a job, a relationship, a college acceptance, a ministry opportunity, or a host of other things could have slammed in your face. Maybe you're reeling with frustration and lots of questions!  


But keep obey God, keep your heart pure, keep seeking Him above, keep reflecting His glory, and watch how His plan, His open door is far better than that slammed door in your past!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

thank you!

Sophie A. said...

Thanks for this post! I guess I'm going through all your posts tonight :) I'm currently job searching and interviewing so this post applies to me right now. I'll continue to trust in Him and know that the door He opens is where He wants me to be. I also pray He closes the ones He doesn't want me in. It's a hard prayer though :)