Thursday, March 1, 2012

03/01/12 - Texting

I recently had a conversation with a concerned friend, she said, "Well my friend's husband has been texting this gal he does his workouts with. They text all hours of the day and night."

My heart sank!

In the last couple of weeks I've been walking closely with friends walking through some very serious marriage issues.

The word picture God gave me was cancer. See my friends are in stage 4 cancer. Honestly, I don't know if it is terminal or not, but I have hope that God will heal. Years of this festering cancer has lead them to this painful, messy place in their marriage. God has done surgery and now they are having kemo and radiation. It's painful!

But it started like the first couple...just a misstep in the wrong direction, stage one cancer. Hopefully my friend will be able to speak truth in love to her friend and they will get the help they need before their cancer is stage 4.

When I talk about guarding your heart for marriage it's more than not dating or being legalistic in your approach. My heart cries for you to embrace purity because once you are married you will have to continue to fight and guard your marriage for the glory of God.

Satan is out to kill and destroy marriages! If you're not preparing for the battle before marriage...he may blindside you once marriage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, have you found this message gaining ground? I hope so. It is SO important that we are pure in EVERYTHING! I don't think people understand how important it is to maintain not only sexual purity, but EMOTIONAL purity! Peace in Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I'm so glad to see how God has led you and your husband to this marriage ministry. If only people will be wise and discerning about little choices that accumulate over time and destroy marriages and themselves as well!

God bless you!