Friday, October 29, 2010

10/29/10 - Trees/Wind/Life Lesson

I love when God shows up in the strangest of situations!

On Tuesday afternoon we experienced a lot of wind, up to 60 mph wind.

About 11:30 I was on the phone with my mom when all my power went out. I walked into my kitchen, looked out my back window, and discovered a large branch in our backyard cracked off the tree and pulled some wires loose.

Let me tell you something about my backyard. Last fall we took down three huge, over grown, sap producing pine trees. They were tall and towered over the one tree we left. We knew that taking down those three trees, left this one tree a bit exposed, so it didn't surprise us when a large branch cracked off.

This lonely tree lost it's protection from the wind. It lost it's support and was unable to stand alone against the harsh winds.

It's like us, we need strong friends to help us was through life. We need godly influences in our life, as protection. We need each other. We need accountability. We need protection. Yes we, like our trees, need each other in life's wind storms.

When we are not created to stand alone, this is why God gave us each other.

Are you like my lonely tree? Do you have no godly influences and friends in your life? If so, you may find standing up for God's principles a bit more difficult when the winds of our culture blow at very fast speeds.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thank you for this post! May God bless you!