Tuesday, September 11, 2007

09/11/07 - Where were you?

This will be the question of the day: Where were you when you heard about the attack on the World Trade Towers?

I (insert being embarrassed here) was still in bed! I was living at home with my parents, we were in the middle of moving, and I stayed up late the night before.

It seems like so long ago, yet it seems like not so long ago.

So much has changed in my life: I've moved three times, I got married, my two sisters also got married, I have had two kids, republished my book, joined a new church, walked through the darkest event personally (miscarriage), I entered my 30's, and I have grown in my spiritual life.

Where were you? What has changed in your life?

2 comments:

Youlay said...

Yeah, this is good point in life you can refer to and remember were were you then.
That was a time when I were on 2 weeks vacation by the see with only my grandparents. I was watching it live even though it was summer holidays in my studies (time here: GMT+1).
I tried to get out of depression and forget about everything that happened in previous half year. I was broken hearted, crying all the time (personal issue).
3 months later I become Christian, I have found my spiritual family, I've changed field of my studies.
Since then I've been to Canada once, had 4 years as counselor at christian camps, started singing in church choir, started working on creating and maintaing websites. Moved (in the same city) more then 6 times.
That's how much I can remember now.

Kaylene said...

I was at home doing my school. My mom and sister came home and turned on the TV. I remember asking why, because we hardly ever had the tv on during school hours. Mom said, "Because there's major national news happening." Wow little did I know, it was a moment I'd never forget.